In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements, players and Charter Holders must also comply with the following:
1. All players must be entered with their highest known player-skill rating, from league, for the qualifying period. This is the responsibility of the Charter Holder. Accuracy of player abilities are dependent upon proper submission and documentation from the Charter Holder. All Charter Holders are bound by the Code of Ethics of the NDA.
2. The highest known player skill rating is determined by taking the highest player-skill (PPD/MPR) rating from a league season for the qualifying period of April 1, 2017 - March 4, 2018, including the current league season (remember this must be a minimum of 24 games in no less than eight (8) weeks of league play in the same league season).
For example, Pete played in the following leagues for Acme Vending:
Summer 2017 ending August 30 PPD 23.50
Fall 2017 ending December 15 PPD 25.50
Spring 2018 in play with 24 games
over eight weeks at time of submission PPD 25.75
The highest know player-skill rating for this player for tournament entry would be the 25.75 PPD from the spring 2018 season currently in session. When providing player skills, the figure should be carried out two digits past the decimal.
Do not enter performance skills from a previous Team Dart. The system will automatically review Team Dart 2016 skills and will use that skill if it is the highest. Only enter highest league-ending statistics.
3. Player ability assessment may be determined by the tournament committee by any of the following criteria:
A. Player-skill rating (as described previously).
B. Review of previous NDA tournament performance, specifically Team Dart 2017.
C. Examination of overall local league ratings.
D. Known ability.
All decisions by the Tournament Committee are final.
4. Master-rated criteria:
A. Players with the following player-skill ratings or above will be considered Masters in their respective events:
|Event||Team Maximum||Doubles' Maximum||Singles' Maximum|
|Open '01||122 PPD||62 PPD||32 PPD|
|Cricket||13.8 MPR||6.9 MPR||3.5 MPR|
|Mixed Doubles' Combo||5.8 MPR||3.5 MPR & 32 PPD|
|Mixed Triples' Combo||9.3 MPR||3.5 MPR & 32 PPD|
B. Master rating may also be awarded to players who:
1. Are without a verifiable player-skill rating (e.g. Double In/Double Out statistics). These players will play in
2. Placed in the money in a NDA’s Master’s level event in the last year.
3. Show “known ability” by top placement in a NDA manufacturer sponsor’s major tournament. Pro lists will be
reviewed but not automatically forced into Masters.
4. Are “dominant players” in either soft or steel-tip darting.
C. No Master-rated player will be permitted to participate below level one.
D. Two Master-rated players on ANY team must play at the Master’s level.
E. For Mixed Triples Combo, both the Open Cricket and ‘01 player rating will be used to determine Master-rated
F. Ladies that choose to register for non-“Ladies Masters” events (singles, doubles, mixed doubles and team) will be
classified based on the Master criteria.
5. Standardized league results are the only accepted statistics. All recorded player-skill ratings are achieved using the actual darts thrown. In addition, the following are standard formats for game play to calculate a player-skill rating:
Open In/Open Out format
8-foot foul line
15 1/2" target face
Full 50-point bull’s-eye
8-foot foul line
15 1/2" target face
Split 50/25-point bull’s-eye
Consistent tracking of player-skill ratings for each event is required. Submission of these ratings must show the cumulative accomplishments of each player. Failure to properly track or use of non-standard formats (e.g. Double In/Double Out) will force a player and team to be moved to a Masters event.