Copyright 2018. National Dart Association. All rights reserved.
Player Eligibility/ Classification
1. All tournament players must:
A. At least 18 years of age to comply with the regulations of local, state and federal laws in which they compete in leagues. Please note, players must be 21 or older to play in West Virginia and Iowa due to the location requirements.
B. Be sanctioned by the NDA for the 2018-2019 sanctioning year. (Expires August 2019)
C. Have played a minimum of 48 league games during the qualifying period for that tournament.
D. Be entered in the tournament by the NDA Charter Holder on whose machine(s) they have completed the minimum game requirement for the tournament
E. Have a valid NDA player-skill rating, Points Per Dart (PPD) and/or Marker Per Round (MPR) for the event in which they are entered, to be classified. These performance ratings require a player to play in 24 games for that event with a total of 48 games league games to qualify. Minimum time to obtain player-skill rating in six (6) separate league nights in six (6) separate weeks in the same league season. Players who have played 48 league games but do not have a valid PPD or MPR will be classified in the highest level for all events.
2. All Tournament Teams Must:
A . Declare a full team roster, including substitutions, when entry certificates are completed.
B. Must play for the same Charter Holder and form a tournament team meeting the above criteria.
Violations of the above will void entries and be nonrefundable.
In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements listed, players and Charter Holders must also comply with the following:
All players must be entered with their highest known player-skill rating, from league, for the qualifying period. This is the responsibility of the Charter Holder. Accuracy of player abilities are dependent upon proper submission and documentation from the Charter Holder. All Charter Holders are bound by the Code Of Ethics of the NDA.
The highest known player-skill rating is determined by taking the highest player –skill (PPD/MPR) rating from a league season for the qualifying period starting on January 1st, 2018 and ending on the date specified, including the current league season (remember this must be a minimum of 24 games in no less than six (6) weeks of league play in the same league season).
For Example, Pete played in the following leagues for Acme Vending:
Spring 2018 PPD 23.50
Summer 2018 PPD 24.75
Fall 2018 (if 6 weeks of play & 24 games) PPD 25.75
The highest known player-skill for the tournament would be FALL 2018 25.75.
3. Player ability assessment may be determined by the tournament committee by any of the following criteria:
A. Player-skill rating (as escribed previously).
B. Review of previous NDA tournament performance, specifically Team Dart 2018
C. Examination of overall local league ratings.
D. Known ability.
*All decisions made by the Tournament Committee are final.
4. Standardized league results are the only accepted statistics. All recorded player-skill rating are achieved using the actual darts thrown. In addition, the following are standard formats for gameplay to calculate a player-skill rating.
Consistent tracking of player-skill rating for each is required. Submission of these ratings must show the cumulative accomplishments of each player.
6. Double In/ Double Out Statistics: Fairness and competitive brackets are very important to players. Help NDA keep Regionals fair and fun for all players by ensuring that you are submitting the correct stats for your ‘01 players. Double In/Double Out (Master In/ Master Out) is not standard format for ‘01 qualification. While DI/DO games can count towards the minimum 48 games requirement, statistics from these games CAN NOT BE USED to qualify players for ‘01 events. If a player has only DI/DO stats, they must be kept separate and the player must have at least 24 games of OI/OO skill ratings submitted.
A. Do not enter ANY statistics based on DI/DO games when entering players in the tournament.
B. All players in 01 must have played at least 24 ‘01 games in 6(six) separate weeks of OI/OO.
C. If a player played DI/DO, those stats must be separate from OI/OO games, and you will only submit the OI/OO stats.